Discovery Girls magazine and books giveaway
|May 6, 2011||Filled under Review and Giveaway|
- Educational riddles, easy drawing lessons, games, fun quizzes and surveys,
- Instructions how to make a pet scrapbook,
- Letters from girls and answers to the toughest questions,
- Discussions with girls about whether it is too early to wear makeup in middle school,
- Fashion tips, friendship rules, easy skincare guide, and fun facts about animals.
- Stories – inspirational, educational, funny, well illustrated.
- Interview with young athletes,
- Book reviews, contests, and healthy eating tips
All that and more you can find in a single issue of a Discovery Girls magazine.
Discovery Girls is a magazine for girls between the ages of 8 and 13. Discovery Girls magazine inspires and encourages girls to be more confident and resilient. It helps them deal with difficult situations that all girls run into growing up. Girls can find advice and wholesome content addressing everything from hairstyles to future careers.
I was impressed that no typical girl idols were mentioned in Discovery Girls magazine. The magazine encourages girls to believe in themselves; it becomes their true and reliable friend.
Girls in Middle School feel a lot of peer pressure these days – to dress in the latest fashion, to look sexy, to have a boyfriend. The magazine teaches how to resist peer pressure, how to remain yourself.
I wish I could have subscribed to this magazine when I was in Middle school. I would have run to the mailbox every day to check if the next issue arrived.
Discovery Girls is a magazine features real girls on the cover and in every issue. Every girl can apply! Twelve girls are usually chosen from a specific state to inspire the readers. You will never find a celebrity on the cover.
Most importantly, much of the content comes form the girls themselves. Their embarrassing moments, their questions answered and statistics gathered from their answers to our questions, polls and surveys. All this content helps connect them to each other and realize they’re all going through the same thing in their own unique way.
You can subscribe to Discovery Girls Magazine Edition for Girls 8 to 10. You can help your special girl grow more confident, realize she’s not alone, and have a blast doing it…
Or you can choose Discovery Girls Magazine Middle School Edition which focuses on middle-school issues: Body and emotional changes, Navigating difficult friendship situations, Pressure to fit in – and to be perfect
One lucky reader will win:
1. One complimentary, no-obligation one year subscription to the magazine ($20 value)
2. Fab Girls book set – four Survival guides for Middle School girls ($40 value) . Discovery Girls Fab Girls Guide book series gives tweens easy access to simple, practical advice that will help them survive middle school and emerge stronger, more confident, and more resilient.
- Survival guide Friendship Hardship. In this book girls will find out how to deal with problems in their friendships, and how to make—and keep—true friends.
- Survival guide Sticky Situations. Girls will learn all about the secrets to dealing with more than 70 of life’s trickier moments.
- Survival guide Getting Your Questions Answered. In this book girls will fin advice on school, boys, family, friends, and more from Discovery Girls’ popular columnist, Ali.
- Survival guide Getting Through Tough Times. In this book girls will read inspiring true stories written by real girls just like themselves.
3. Special collector’s edition, which will encompass 10 years of the best content from the magazine plus more special features ($10). This is a SUPERSIZED special issue that girls will read again and again.
This giveaway is open to U.S. addresses (no P.O. boxes). Approximate retail value of the prize is $70.
To participate in the giveaway, you could do any or all of the following:
- Visit Discovery Girls. Leave a comment – what article or feature will be interesting for your daughter? (1 entry)
- Like Discovery Girls on Facebook. Leave a comment here with your Facebook name. (1 entry)
- Follow Discovery Girls on Twitter. Leave a comment with your Twitter name (1 entry)
- Submit this giveaway to any sweepstakes site or giveaway Linky. Leave one comment with a link each time you submit. (1 entry per submission/link; unlimited entries)
- Blog about this giveaway. Leave 3 comments with a link to your post. (3 entries)
- Tweet about this giveaway. #win Discovery Girls @DGmagazine magazines and books ($70 value); enter #Giveaway @MyBusyChildren http://bit.ly/lEGFuD Leave a comment here with your Twitter name. (1 entry per day)
- Join me on Google Friend Connect (left sidebar). Leave a comment here (1 entry)
- Like me on Facebook. Leave a comment here with your Facebook name. (1 entry)
- Follow me on Networked Blogs. Leave a comment here that you follow (1 entry)
- Follow me on Twitter. Leave a comment with your Twitter name (1 entry)
- Subscribe to My Busy Children by email here or via Feedburner. Or subscribe to the RSS feed. Leave a comment indicating how you subscribed (1 entry)
This Giveaway ends on May 28, 11:59pm EST, 2011. The winner will be chosen randomly. I will email the winner, who will have 72 hours to contact me or a new winner will be chosen.
This giveaway is closed.
The winner is #29 -Terri P; Terri P. says: Tweet: http://twitter.com/#!/dahbou/status/71512400611905536 ; name: @dahbou
Review/giveaway disclaimer: I received no product or monetary compensation for this review/giveaway. I received Discovery Girls printed materials for review purposes.