Fun things to do in San Francisco with Kids
|November 2, 2014||Filled under Travel with kids|
San Francisco is considered to be a paradise for families. So, if you have plans to visit San Francisco and want to have a great time with kids, here is a list of places you must visit.
- Golden Gate Park: Kids love to visit parks, but what is so special about this one? Golden Gate Park has a number of attractions you would want your children to see. At the same time, it will be a fun experience for the adults too. To name a few spots here, we can say, academy of sciences, de Young Museum, Conservatory of Flowers, Japanese Tea Garden, Stowe Lake, Botanical Garden at Strybing Arboretum, Koret Children’s Quarter, Beach Chalet Brewery and Restaurant, and Buffalo Paddock. It is one of the places you should not miss out on.
- San Francisco Zoo: Here you will find more than 250 species, which include grizzly bear, Sumatran tiger and the endangered snow leopard. Here, you will also find a little petting area, which is ideal for toddlers.
- Musee Mecanique: If you want your kids to know about mechanically operated musical instruments, this is a paradise. This includes mechanical fortune-telling figure, the world’s only steam-powered motorcycle, and giant Laughing Sal, through whose gaping mouth you enter the museum. Musee Mecanique is one of the largest in the world and you will find every such musical instrument here, well almost.
- Cable Cars: Not every city has this. So, if you are not lucky to use this option in your hometown, San Francisco is one place where you will love to roam around in cable cars. Cable cars are efficiently used for travelling around in the city. It is a fun ride and should not be missed.
- Ferry ride: Stop at the quaint towns of Tiburon and Sausalito for lunch or picnic on Angel Island; a ferry cruise is what you will enjoy the most. It is adventurous and is not very expensive. So, if you want to move across the bay, opt for a ferry ride and have a great time with your kids.
- Crissy Field: Along the bay, this is a large piece of land. If you love to click pictures of nature and self, this is a spot that should be on your ‘must-visit’ list. Some of the attractions here are Warming Hut Café, Farallones Marine Sanctuary visitors’ center, and icy pacific. Also, you will find Picnic tables and barbecue areas around. However, the policy there is; first-come, first-served basis. So, go there and book a table for yourself and your loved ones.
This is not all. There are a number of other spots that you can visit in San Francisco. We have listed the top seven spots which should not be missed at any cost, when travelling around with kids.
San Francisco is a lovely place to visit. If it is on your mind, check out for the latest airfares to get them at the cheapest possible rate. You can check ChameleonJohn for travel discount coupons to avail discounts on Jetblue and Orbitz.
Disclaimer: this is a guest post