One year old and still nursing
|August 20, 2010||Filled under current giveaways, Review and Giveaway|
Sometimes people ask me: “How long are you going to nurse your baby?” I don’t have an answer. Maybe she will nurse for a few more months, maybe for a few more weeks.
I know there are multiple nursing benefits, but for me it is mainly convenience at this point. For example:
- When it is time for her to sleep, I can put her to sleep while watching TV. Much easier than jogging with her in my arms in the living room.
- When she wakes up in the middle of the night, I can bring her in my bed and put her back to sleep.
- When I come home from work, I can have ten quiet minutes to rest with her on my lap.
- When she gets hurt, frustrated, or upset, there is always an easy way to calm her down.
- When she is hungry and there is no food available she likes (in the airports, and in doctors’ offices, on the trains or in the zoo, on the playground or in the park), there is always an easy option.
The last point is made possible by a BabyBond nursing cover. My baby does not like traditional nursing covers we tried since she cannot see anything beyond the cover. So we tried BabyBond. BabyBond™ is a nursing cover which covers mom, but not her baby. I also like BabyBond because it takes so little room in the purse. Or it can be worn like a scarf when I don’t carry a purse with me (but carry a baby).
BabyBond is easy to use. The top part which goes over the shoulder is marked with the BabyBond logo, which makes it quick to put on. In any case, I recommend trying it out at home first. So, when you are dealing with a crying baby in public, you can use the cover like a pro.
However, if you baby likes to pull and tug on your clothes while nursing, this sash might not offer a hundred percent coverage. Also, note that the top panel of the sash touches baby’s face while she is nursing.
BabyBond offers three types of nursing covers: BabyBond Original™, BabyBond Flex™, and BabyBond Couture™.
BabyBond Original™ and BabyBond Flex™ are quite similar. They are both worn like a sash, functioning like a nursing top. You can nurse in either one from the top of your shirt. Double panel keeps breast covered above and below. The difference between BabyBond Original™ and BabyBond Flex™ is in the burp cloth: BabyBond Original™ has a built-in burp cloth while BabyBond Flex™ has a removable burp cloth.
BabyBond Couture™ is a hybrid between nursing top and belly band, it can be worn to nurse from the top or the bottom of your shirt. When worn like a sash, it functions like a nursing top. When worn like a belt, it functions like a belly band.
All BabyBond nursing covers store in matching pouches.
BabyBond is also generously giving away a BabyBond Original nursing cover in Turquoise, Size 2.
The giveaway is open worldwide.
To participate in the giveaway, you could do any or all of the following:
- Visit Babybond.com. Leave a comment with your favorite style and color.
- Like Baby Bond on facebook. Leave a comment with you facebook name.
- Follow BabyBond on Twitter. Leave a comment with your Twitter name.
- Tweet about this giveaway. Use the following to tweet: win @BabyBond Nursing Cover. Enter #giveaway at @mybusychildren http://bit.ly/ckQbju Leave a comment here with your Twitter name. You can tweet once a day.
- Follow me on Twitter. Leave a comment with your Twitter name
- Subscribe to My Busy Children by email here or via Feedburner. Or subscribe to the RSS feed. Leave a comment indicating how you subscribed
- Leave a comment on any other post. Leave a comment here with a post name
This Giveaway ends on September 15, 11:59pm EST, 2010. The winner will be chosen randomly. I will email the winner, who will have 72 hours to contact me or a new winner will be chosen.
THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED. The winner is number 32 (Marina).
Review/giveaway disclaimer: I received no monetary compensation for this review. I received BabyBond nursing cover for review purposes. The opinions expressed are entirely my own.