Rocket Town – children’s book giveaway (2 winners)
|April 14, 2011||Filled under kids books reviews, Review and Giveaway|
What do little boys like even better than trucks or trains? Rockets!
In this fun departure from the traditional board book themes for boys, Bob Logan’s Rocket Town tells the story of an astronaut and his canine companion as they drive an old pickup through Rocket Town—an amazing town filled with, yes, rockets.
Each colorful spread sports an eye-dazzling array of rockets, from big to small, fast to slow, practical to extremely silly—a taxi rocket, a police rocket, a school bus rocket, and even a rocket that looks like a shark! The final pages are a countdown to blastoff that is sure to thrill young readers.
Author and illustrator Bob Logan has worked as a story artist on feature animations such as Madagascar and Open Season, as well as Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and is currently working on the upcoming Puss in Boots! Logan’s picture book, The Sea of Bath, charmed readers with fun and sweet illustrations, and Rocket Town will delight parents and children alike with colorful and imaginative rockets. The Pasadena Star News called it “…a blast for children ages 1 – 5… Simple text and retro-pop illustrations make the journey one kids (and parents) will want to take again and again.”
You can also see the profile piece that the Ventura County Star just did on Bob, giving a bit more of his background in the tv/movie industry and showing some of the very cute art from Rocket Town:
About the Author
Bob Logan grew up in Baltimore, MD, selling his Star Wars drawings for kids’ milk money to buy books at the Scholastic fair. He studied animation at Edinboro University of Pennsylvania. Most recently Bob has worked as a story artist on feature animations, including Madagascar, Open Season, and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. He lives in Thousand Oaks, CA, and enjoys spending time with his wife, son, and two pugs. Bob is addicted to all of the LEGO games on the Wii, but enjoys them best when he plays with his son.
We enjoyed reading this board book – it is very colorful and certainly features a lot of rockets. All the different rockets in town It sparks kids’ imagination.
My girls immediately asked if they could visit the rocket town themselves. They loved the school bus rocket the most. They started thinking of other things that could be rockets.
I liked that I could tell the story based on the pictures and invite kids to imagine what happens on the next street of the rocket town.
This book is also a good colorful reason to talk to the kids about the 50 year anniversary of man in space – you may remember that 50 years ago, on April 12, 1961 Yuri Gagarin was the first man to enter space and orbit the Earth.
Two lucky readers will win a Rocket Town book.
This giveaway is open to U.S. addresses (no P.O. boxes).
To participate in the giveaway, you could do any or all of the following:
- Leave a comment – What are your favorite kids’ activities, that spark imagination? (1 entry)
- Submit this giveaway to any sweepstakes site or giveaway Linky. Leave one comment with a link each time you submit. (1 entry per submission/link; unlimited entries)
- Blog about this giveaway. Leave two comments with a link to your post. (2 entries)
- Tweet about this giveaway. #win Children’s book #Rocket Town (2 winners); enter #Giveaway @MyBusyChildren http://bit.ly/htEMED Leave a comment here with your Twitter name. (1 entry per day)
- Join me on Google Friend Connect (left sidebar). Leave a comment here (1 entry)
- Like me on Facebook. Leave a comment here with your Facebook name. (1 entry)
- Follow me on Networked Blogs. Leave a comment here that you follow (1 entry)
- Follow me on Twitter. Leave a comment with your Twitter name (1 entry)
- Subscribe to My Busy Children by email here or via Feedburner. Or subscribe to the RSS feed. Leave a comment indicating how you subscribed (1 entry)
This Giveaway ends on April 29, 11:59pm EST, 2011. The winner will be chosen randomly. I will email the winner, who will have 72 hours to contact me or a new winner will be chosen.
This giveaway is closed.
The winners are
#35 Jennifer T. - Jennifer T. says I joined via GFC.
#71 – Jessica Davis - Jessica Davis says: I have a box of odd items and I like to have the kids build things with them!
Review/giveaway disclaimer: I received no product or monetary compensation for this review/giveaway. I received Rocket Town book for review purposes.