When You Say Thank You, Mean It: Book Giveaway
|November 9, 2010||Filled under Review and Giveaway|
With Thanksgiving, Birthdays, and Christmas coming up, I need to frequently remind my soon-to-be-four-year-old daughter about saying thank you. While I can still remind her by whispering in her ear the magic word every time she needs to say it, it is much harder to teach her the real meaning behind the phrase.
Fortunately, Mary O’Donohue has developed a methodology to teach kids the value behind “thank you” as well as other values, like self-respect, integrity and compassion.
In When You Say Thank You, Mean It…And 11 Other Lessons for Instilling Lifelong Values in Your Children (Adams Media, a division of F+W Media; October) you’ll learn how O’Donohue developed a practical program that allows parents to impart timeless values in their children over the course of one year, focusing on one key value each month.
Now, more than ever, it seems that the world is in need of a rulebook to assist parents in raising happy, responsible and well adjusted children. According to a recent poll by Rasmussen Research, more than 8 out of 10 respondents said children today display worse manners than when they themselves were kids; the National Association of Elementary School Principles also reports that a lack of good manners among children is a growing problem in the classroom and on the playground.
In “When You Say Thank You, Mean It” O’Donohue devised an effective and creative way to engage the whole family through weekly exercises, thought-provoking Questions of the Day, challenging role-playing games, and other fun and family-friendly activities, including:
- Keeping a Gratitude Board
- Creating Respect Tiles
- Making a ‘Compassion in Action’ Calendar
- Hosting an ‘Earning for Learning’ Gameshow
- Starting a Life Map
Equipped with the concepts from this book, you will be inspired to start on a journey towards lifelong values – and learning – together.
Adams Media is generously giving away this book with fantastic tips on teaching kids important values to three lucky readers.
Approximate value of the prize for each winner is 17 dollars.
This giveaway is open worldwide. Winners will need to provide addresses and phone numbers (for mailing purposes only).
To participate in the giveaway, you could do any or all of the following:
- Leave any comment related to this topic.
- Leave a comment on any of my posts. Leave a comment here with a post name.
- Follow me on Networked Blogs. Requires Facebook account. Leave a comment here that you follow
- Be my friend on Facebook. Leave a comment here with your Facebook name.
- Like Adams Media on Facebook. Leave a comment here with your Facebook name.
- Follow Adamsmedia on Twitter. Leave a comment with your Twitter name.
- Tweet about this giveaway. Use the following to tweet: win @Adamsmedia book about teaching kids manners and values. 3 WINNERS. Enter #giveaway at @mybusychildren http://bit.ly/say-thank-you Leave a comment here with your Twitter name. You can tweet once a day.
- Follow me on Twitter. Leave a comment with your Twitter name
- Subscribe to My Busy Children by email here or via Feedburner. Or subscribe to the RSS feed. Leave a comment indicating how you subscribed
This Giveaway ends on December 4th, 11:59pm EST, 2010. The winner will be chosen randomly. I will email the winner, who will have 72 hours to contact me or a new winner will be chosen.
This giveaway is closed.
# 53 – Gianna
# 48 – Irene
Review/giveaway disclaimer: I received no product or monetary compensation for this review/giveaway. The opinions expressed are entirely my own