iPad app for toddlers and preschoolers: giveaway
|January 31, 2011||Filled under current giveaways, Review and Giveaway|
My two-year-old does not know how to count yet, but she knows “one” and “two”. As in “I want two Vitamins, not one”. Or “I want two cartoons, not one”.
Well, since recently she has been learning how to count in four languages on my iPad. It was pretty funny to watch her moving marbles on the iPad screen with her tiny finger repeating Huit, Neuf, Dix. That is French, as you remember. She is also learning to count in German, Chinese, and, of course, English.
She was learning how to count with Monte-Lingual 1 to 10 on my iPad.
I really like iPad’ mouseless concept. It is so much easier for toddlers and preschoolers to use their fingers to draw, play puzzles, and other games on the touch screen.
Monte-Lingual 1 to 10 is designed to introduce the basic concept of numbers by a counting activity that employs various senses such as touch, sight, and sound to conceptualize “quantity” and “series” in a visual way.
Monte-Lingual 1 to 10 iPad application has two modes: Discovery Mode and Quiz mode. In other words, there are two types of activities kids can do:
Toddlers and preschoolers s can learn how to count by moving
- marbles to the tray one by one watching it bounce across the canvas
- several marbles at one and understand the concept of skip counting or adding more than one number
- marbles back to demonstrate counting backwards
Every time a ball/marble is moved to a tray,
(1) A number is displayed
(2) A number is pronounced in the chosen language
(3) A number is spelled out with letters
(2) the entire chain of marbles changes color with every new number added to the chain
You can choose not to have the numbers pronounced and spelled out, though, in the options.
Kids can learn numbers in four languages: English, Spanish, French, and Chinese.
In this mode kids need to identify how many marbles are display on the tray and pick the correct number.
This mode has multiple levels which allows kids to earn new marble sets (total of four choices of marble sets)
Pricing and Availability:
Monte-Lingual 1 to 10 is only $1.99 USD and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.
My suggestions how to develop the game further:
– I would make spelled words larger just because my preschooler likes large font, it is easier for her to recognize letters.
– I would also introduce a new option of respelling/ Pronunciation spellings. If we pretty much know how to say words in Spanish and French, it is much harder to understand what is spoken in Chinese when I do not see Latin letters I can recognize
Three readers will win a promotion code do download an iPad Application Monte-Lingual 1 to 10.
This giveaway is open worldwide.
To participate in the giveaway, you could do any or all of the following:
- How do your kids use iPad, smart phones, or computer for educational purposes? Leave a comment (1 entry)
- Follow montelingual on Twitter. Leave a comment with your Twitter name (1 entry)
- Like Monte-Lingual 1 to 10 on Facebook. Leave a comment here with your Facebook name. (1 entry)
- Leave a comment on any of my posts. Leave a comment here with a post name. (1 entry)
- Like me on Facebook. Leave a comment here with your Facebook name. (1 entry)
- Join me on Google Friend Connect (left sidebar). Leave a comment here (1 entry)
- Follow me on Networked Blogs. Requires Facebook account. Leave a comment here that you follow (1 entry)
- Blog about this giveaway linking to this post. You can blog in any language. Leave one comment with a link to your post. (3 entries)
- Follow me on Twitter. Leave a comment with your Twitter name (1 entry)
- Submit this giveaway to any sweepstakes site or giveaway Linky. Leave one comment with a link each time you submit. (1 entry per submission/link)
- Tweet about this giveaway. #win #iPad #app for toddlers and preschoolers; enter #Giveaway @MyBusyChildren http://mybusychildren.com/ipad-app Leave a comment here with your Twitter name. (1 entry per day)
- Subscribe to My Busy Children by email here or via Feedburner. Or subscribe to the RSS feed. Leave a comment indicating how you subscribed (1 entry)
This Giveaway ends on February 20th, 11:59pm EST, 2011. The winner will be chosen randomly. I will email the winner, who will have 72 hours to contact me or a new winner will be chosen.
Review/giveaway disclaimer: I received no monetary compensation for this review/giveaway. I received a code to review this iPad app. The opinions are entirely my own. .