How to make a Mother’s day craft (giveaway)
|April 25, 2011||Filled under current giveaways, kids crafts, Review and Giveaway|
This year we decided with to create a hand made gift for Mommy for Mother’s day. Making crafts is one of my preschooler’s favorite activities. She was ready to make a crafty gift for Mom the moment I mentioned it.
We rarely make fancy crafts because that involves coming up with a project idea and shopping for all the little craft supplies. Projects ideas are relatively easy, but finding the correct “craft ingredient” in the endless aisles of craft stores is an art I still have to master.
Luckily, Creativity 4 Kids has craft kits that have all the supplies included. These craft kits are perfect for making beautiful Mother’s day gifts.
This Mosaic Picture Frame kit has everything you need to create your own mosaic frame masterpiece. You can decorate a wooden frame with colorful acrylic tiles. The set includes
- Solid Wood Heart Frame 8.3 in x 8.3 in
- Over 400 acrylic mosaic pieces
- sparkling Glitter grout
- Craft glue
- Sticker for personalization
- Hanging ribbon
- Instructions and ideas
- Contents may vary from those shown or listed
Take a look at the picture frame we created. The first step was selecting a picture for the picture frame. We had some 5 by 7 pictures and had to pick one which looked the best in the heart-shaped frame.
Then we drafted a design. The kit has mosaic pieces in five colors, so we wanted to make a frame with colors that match the picture.
And here is the final masterpiece. It took some time to put all the mosaic pieces together but Masha was patient, slowly applied glue to the surface and helped me attach the mosaic pieces.
One lucky reader will win one Mosaic kit. The winner can choose one of these kits:
This giveaway is open to U.S. addresses (no P.O. boxes). Approximate retail value of the prize is $20.
To participate in the giveaway, you could do any or all of the following:
- Leave a comment – what kind of crafts have you done with your kids for Mother’s day? (1 entry)
- Like Creativity for Kids on Facebook. Leave a comment here with your Facebook name. (1 entry)
- Follow Creativity 4 Kids on Twitter. Leave a comment with your Twitter name (1 entry)
- Submit this giveaway to any sweepstakes site or giveaway Linky. Leave one comment with a link each time you submit. (1 entry per submission/link; unlimited entries)
- Blog about this giveaway. Leave 3 comments with a link to your post. (3 entries)
- Tweet about this giveaway. #win @creativity4kids mosaic kit ($20 value) – perfect gift for #MothersDay; enter #Giveaway @MyBusyChildren http://bit.ly/ijnpzD Leave a comment here with your Twitter name. (1 entry per day)
- Join me on Google Friend Connect (left sidebar). Leave a comment here (1 entry)
- Like me on Facebook. Leave a comment here with your Facebook name. (1 entry)
- Follow me on Networked Blogs. Leave a comment here that you follow (1 entry)
- Follow me on Twitter. Leave a comment with your Twitter name (1 entry)
- Subscribe to My Busy Children by email here or via Feedburner. Or subscribe to the RSS feed. Leave a comment indicating how you subscribed (1 entry)
This Giveaway ends on May 18, 11:59pm EST, 2011. The winner will be chosen randomly. I will email the winner, who will have 72 hours to contact me or a new winner will be chosen.
This giveaway is closed.
The winner is #57 – Amanda Starr; Amanda Starr says: http://twitter.com/#!/AStarrAMama/status/64705088014401537
Review/giveaway disclaimer: I received no product or monetary compensation for this review/giveaway. I received Creativity for Kids product for review purposes.