Summer protection prize pack giveaway ($75 value)
|July 20, 2011||Filled under current giveaways, kids clothing reviews, Review and Giveaway|
Seasons UV, the makers of 50++ UPF swimwear, is offering a new line of kids Solar Guard swimwear, called LOL, designed to alert parents with a color change when UV rays are getting dangerous. The ‘LOL’ pattern has a white smiley face in the ‘O’ along with other happy faces on the swimwear that all change from white to blue when it’s time to apply sunscreen.
“The smiley face images are sensitive to UVA and UVB rays so even on a deceptively cloudy day the images will react with a color change when dangerous rays are hitting a child,” says Joanne Speight, Seasons UV CEO. “The color change alerts parents with this visual reminder that sunscreen is needed.”
This warning to apply high SPF sunscreen combined with the 50++UPF protection the swimwear provides help to keep kids safe from the dangers of playing in the sun without sufficient protection.
“Most of us would not send our kids out with 5-SPF sunscreen but unfortunately that is the amount of protection a cotton T-Shirt provides,” says Speight. “Most children rack up between 50% to 80% of their lifetime sun exposure before the age of 18 and a bad burn before the age of 10 can give them up to a 50% chance of getting skin cancer as an adult.”
Seasons UV 50++UPF UVA/UVB Blocking fabric dries quickly for all day comfort for all ages from newborns to Moms. Young kids enjoy wearing the swimwear because it’s like magic seeing the colors change.
About Seasons UV
Seasons UV has been designing, manufacturing and distributing UV apparel for over 11 years utilizing its exclusive protective technology and combining it with fun fashion forward styles. Whether it’s for a day-care, the cottage, pool, beach or winter getaways to the south, it is sun protection that doesn’t wear off.
The first time my preschooler tried a two piece Super Girl swim suit we spent all day at the pool and did not have to apply sunscreen to the areas covered with the swimsuit. My kids would do anything to avoid applying the sunscreen. The whole process of sunscreen application makes the trip to the pool much more stressful. Maybe this is the reason they both call sunscreen “some scream”.
The Super Girl swim suit dried super quickly. It is comfortable, stylish, and is very well made. Kids can safely spend hours playing in the pool and on the beach. The diver shorts and a short sleeve shirt provide maximum comfort and allow the child move fast and enjoy her favorite activities.
The idea of being a Super Girl got my preschooler very excited. She felt like she turned into a Super Girl. The image was quite real, especially with the Supergirl Towel Cape. She danced, jumped, and almost took off flying. My daughter received a lot of compliments on her outfit.
The swim suit is perfect not only for trips to the beach and the pool, but also for playing outside with water an running under the sprinklers. We like how well the shirt covers shoulders and the area around the neck, since this is where the skin usually burns first.
The UV protecting outfit was a life saver when we went to a Six Flags theme park. Conventional swimsuits are not allowed in the park. Seasons UV was perfect for getting soaked in the Thunder River and Splash Water Falls. It dried quickly and protected the skin from the all day sun rays.
One lucky reader will win a $75 retail value summer protection prize pack from Seasons UV. The prize pack will include:
- UV Swimwear that dries quickly to become all day sun protection active wear. – Sizes 0-12
- Matching sun hat
- RKS Sunglasses
- Banana Boat 60 SPF sunscreen sachet
Winner can choose size and type of prize pack (boys or girls)
This giveaway is open to U.S. and Canada. No P.O boxes
To participate in the giveaway, you could do any or all of the following:
- Visit Seasons UV. Leave a comment with an item you like (1 entry)
- Like Seasons UV on Facebook . Leave a comment here with your Facebook name. (1 entry)
- Follow Seasons UV on Twitter. Leave a comment with your Twitter name. (1 entry)
- Like me on Facebook. Leave a comment here with your Facebook name. (1 entry)
- Tweet about this giveaway. Win @seasonsuv Swimwear, Sun Hat, sunglasses & more ; enter #Giveaway @MyBusyChildren http://bit.ly/riUYWt Leave a comment here with your Twitter name. (1 entry per day)
- Submit this giveaway to any sweepstakes site or giveaway Linky. Leave one comment with a link each time you submit. (1 entry per submission/link)
- Join me on Google Friend Connect (left sidebar). Leave a comment here (1 entry)
- Follow me on Networked Blogs. Requires Facebook account. Leave a comment here that you follow (1 entry)
- Follow me on Twitter. Leave a comment with your Twitter name (1 entry)
- Subscribe to My Busy Children by email here or via Feedburner. Or subscribe to the RSS feed. Leave a comment indicating how you subscribed (1 entry)
This Giveaway ends on August 9, 11:59pm EST, 2011. The winner will be chosen randomly. I will email the winner, who will have 72 hours to contact me or a new winner will be chosen.
This giveaway is closed.
The winner is #23 – Tara E
Review/giveaway disclaimer: I received no monetary compensation for this review/giveaway. I received Seasons UV products for review.