Organic Chocolate Giveaway
|April 6, 2011||Filled under current giveaways, food reviews and giveaway, Giveaway, Real Food, Review and Giveaway|
With Earth Day coming up on April 22, you may be wondering what you can do to help support the environment. A great place to start is to find ways to respect the earth while also indulging in the best it has to offer. This Earth Day, passionate chocolate lovers can indulge their taste buds without having an impact on the environment with Green & Black’s Organic Fair Trade Certified Chocolate.
- Green & Black’s, using only the finest organically-grown cocoa beans, believes that every step from bean to bar is equally important and strives to ensure that all ingredients are grown in ways that are consciously respectful of the planet – including maintaining a sustainable relationship working directly with cocoa farmers.
- Green & Black’s is a Fair Trade Certified brand dedicated to empowering its cocoa growing partners to establish sustainable livelihoods and communities. Farmers receive a guaranteed minimum for their ingredients, along with an additional premium to invest in the social, environmental and economic development of their countries.
Besides enjoying chocolate that is made from ingredients that are good for the earth and decadently delicious, below are a few other simple suggestions on how to give back to Mother Earth. If everyone adopts a few of these simple life changes – we can all make a difference this Earth Day.
- Save Water: Skip pre-washing dishes before putting them in the dishwasher – which could save up to 12.5 gallons of water a week. Skip the head-dry cycle and air-dry dishes.
- Reduce Waste: Opt for a faucet or pitcher water filter rather than buying bottled water – which could keep thousands of water bottles out of landfills and save $600 a year per household.
- Save Energy: Wash laundry in cold water – which could save up to 80% of the energy used per load. Skip the dryer and opt to hang-drying laundry.
You don’t have to stop enjoying the chocolate on the Earth day. With all the health benefits of chocolate , it is good to have a bar handy at all times. One ounce of baking chocolate or cocoa contains 10% of the U.S. RDA of iron. Dark chocolate also lowers blood pressure and bad cholesterol. Plus it contains serotonin, which is a natural anti-depressant.
Green & Black’s Chocolate contains only natural-processed cocoa, but never alkali-processed. I only recently learned that alkali processed cocoa does not contain antioxidants.
Did I mention how delicious Green & Black’s Chocolate is? Out of this world. It is smooth and crunchy, rich and bitter-sweet, flavorful and intense. This chocolate had only one drawback. It is addictive.
In the majority of retail stores, you can find not only Green and Black’s Organic Chocolate Bars (Almond, Cherry, Dark 70%, Dark 85%, Espresso, Ginger, Hazelnut & Currant, Maya Gold, Milk, Mint, Peanut, Toffee, White), but also baking bars and Hot chocolate.
You can find fabulous chocolate recipes on the Green & Black’s website, including Mousse and Souffles, Torte or Pies.
Moreover, you can take a step further and try out 100 of the most decadent and delicious recipes from the book The Green & Black’s Organic Ultimate Chocolate Recipes: The New Collection. From Espresso Chocolate Bombs to Butterscotch Chocolate Cupcakes, the recipes are easy to do and follow.
One lucky reader will win 10 bars of Green & Black’s Organic Chocolate.
How amazing would it be to get a package full of chocolate delivered right to your door?
This giveaway is open to U.S. addresses (no P.O. boxes). Approximate retail value of the prize is $35.
To participate in the giveaway, you could do any or all of the following:
- Visit Green & Black’s Chocolate. Leave a comment – what did you learn about the company or products? (1 entry)
- Join Green & Black’s Chocolate on Facebook. Leave a comment here with your Facebook name. (1 entry)
- Follow Green & Black’s on Twitter. Leave a comment with your Twitter name (1 entry)
- Submit this giveaway to any sweepstakes site or giveaway Linky. Leave one comment with a link each time you submit. (1 entry per submission/link; unlimited entries)
- Blog about this giveaway. Leave two comments with a link to your post. (2 entries)
- Tweet about this giveaway. #win 10 bars of @greenandblacks Organic Chocolate; enter #Giveaway @MyBusyChildren http://bit.ly/h9ixgn Leave a comment here with your Twitter name. (1 entry per day)
- Join me on Google Friend Connect (left sidebar). Leave a comment here (1 entry)
- Like me on Facebook. Leave a comment here with your Facebook name. (1 entry)
- Follow me on Networked Blogs. Leave a comment here that you follow (1 entry)
- Follow me on Twitter. Leave a comment with your Twitter name (1 entry)
- Subscribe to My Busy Children by email here or via Feedburner. Or subscribe to the RSS feed. Leave a comment indicating how you subscribed (1 entry)
This Giveaway ends on April 27, 11:59pm EST, 2011. The winner will be chosen randomly. I will email the winner, who will have 72 hours to contact me or a new winner will be chosen.
This giveaway is closed.
The winner is 172 Kristen – Kristen says: I learned that they have a cookbook of chocolate recipes.
Review/giveaway disclaimer: I received no product or monetary compensation for this review/giveaway. I received Green & Black’s Organic Chocolate for review purposes. This post contains affiliate links.
How can I pick out the best product from those listed on this site?